I <3 sweet potato fries!
- 1 Sweet Potato
- 1 Egg white
- 1 TBSP BBQ sauce
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Peel the sweet potato then slice it up into fry-like shapes and put in big ziplock bag.
2. Mix 1 egg white with the BBQ sauce in a bowl (I used low cal bbq sauce)
3. Add egg mixture to the fries in the ziplock bag and mix around to coat the fries
4. Spray a pan with cooking spray and lay out fries in an even layer
5. Bake in oven for 10 minutes, flip fries then bake for another 10 minutes. If your fries are thick, cook longer. Keep an eye on them, the bbq will make them blacken and cook quickly.
6. Eat them!
Instead of BBQ, you can add cinnamon and brown sugar to the egg white to make some extra sweet fries! :) or just add any spices you want!
Pumpkin Pie Spice Sweet Potato Fries
- 1 sweet potato/yam/orange-fleshed potato cut into thin fries
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large egg white
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tbsp sugar(optional)
Cinnamon Yogurt Dip:
- 1/2 cup plain Greek or regular yogurt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Sweetener to taste (I used vanilla stevia but any sweetener will work fine. Honey would be especially good)
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Cut your sweet potato into fries by cutting the ends off first then slicing lengthwise into thin slices then chopping each slice into fries. Line a sheet with parchment. The sweet potatoes at my grocery store are particularly huge, in which case you may want to double the oil, egg, spice and sugar. Whisk oil, egg and spices and sugar if using till slightly foamy and pour over the fries. Toss till evenly coated then arrange in a single layer. Bake approximately 40 minutes or till the desired level of doneness is reached. While the fries are baking mix up the yogurt dip. When the fries are done, serve immediately with dip.
(recipe via fooddoodles)