Sweet Potato Quesadilla
So my roommate thought I was a crazy person for making this but it’s SO GOOD! She just doesn’t understand…
- 2 Low Cal Whole Wheat Tortillas (I use La tortilla factory)
- 2 TBSP Peanut butter
- 1 Banana
- 1 Small sweet potato (or 1/2 large)
- Skin sweet potato and cut into round slices and cook in microwave for 5 minutes
- Spread peanut butter on both tortillas
- Slice banana
- Layer sweet potato slices onto one tortilla
- Layer banana slices on there too
- Cover with the other tortilla
- Heat in the toaster oven to heat up to your liking
This is incredible, I’m telling you.
Drizzle with some syrup for some extra goodness ;)
Healthy Tuna Salad
- 1 Can Light Tuna (in water)
- 1 (heaping) TBSP Plain Greek Yogurt
- Brown Mustard
- Mix together tuna and yogurt
- Add in mustard
- Add in peas!
DONE! Makes 2 servings. or one large VERY protein-packed serving.
Other things to add in: Chopped celery! Carrots! Cucumbers! (I didn’t have these things sadly :(
RECIPE PAGE IS UP!
I’ve added a recipe page to my profile now! You can find all my oatmeal recipes and pretty much everything on there!
Click to see it!—> RECIPES ♥ :)
It is still a work in progress but it’s ready for your viewing!
I will be updating it daily with new recipes I come up with!
Sweet Potato Fries with Cinnamon Yogurt Dip
Pumpkin Pie Spice Sweet Potato Fries
- 1 sweet potato/yam/orange-fleshed potato cut into thin fries
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large egg white
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tbsp sugar(optional)
Cinnamon Yogurt Dip:
- 1/2 cup plain Greek or regular yogurt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Sweetener to taste (I used vanilla stevia but any sweetener will work fine. Honey would be especially good)
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Cut your sweet potato into fries by cutting the ends off first then slicing lengthwise into thin slices then chopping each slice into fries. Line a sheet with parchment. The sweet potatoes at my grocery store are particularly huge, in which case you may want to double the oil, egg, spice and sugar. Whisk oil, egg and spices and sugar if using till slightly foamy and pour over the fries. Toss till evenly coated then arrange in a single layer. Bake approximately 40 minutes or till the desired level of doneness is reached. While the fries are baking mix up the yogurt dip. When the fries are done, serve immediately with dip.
(recipe via fooddoodles)
Dessert Hummus Cookies
Chocolate Chip Dessert Hummus:
- 1/2 Can canned chickpeas (rinsed and peeled for smooth texture)
- 1 TBSP nut butter (I used PB2)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 TBSP sugar free syrup (or honey)
- Splenda (to taste)
- Chopped extra dark chocolate bar (or chocolate chips)
1. Rinse chickpeas and circumcise them! (haha)
2. Put chickpeas, nut butter, syrup, and splenda in food processor or blender and blend it up!3. Fold in chocolate/nuts/whatever you want.
Double Mint Chocolate Dessert Hummus
Same as above except I used:
- Chocolate PB2
- 2 tsp cocoa powder
- Mint extract (instead of vanlla)
My dessert hummus’!You can use as dip or make into cookies like I did! I baked them in a 350 degree oven for 7-8 minutes.I am keeping half of these refrigerated and I’m gonna freeze some!
(click here for other dessert hummus recipes) ENJOY!
Sweet Potato Patties
This was totally experimental, but they came out good!
- 2 small sweet potatoes (chopped)
- 1 large carrot
- 1 tsp cinnamon (or more if you want)
- 1/4 cup egg substitute (optional)
- 2 TBSP sugar free syrup (or maple syrup)
- 1 splenda packet (optional)
Chop up the carrot and sweet potatoes and boil them in water until you can easily stick a fork in (easily mashable, probably around 7-8 minutes)Drain and return to potMASH IT UP! Then add in the syrup, eggs, and cinnamon.Spray a skillet with cooking spray and put on medium heat. Use a wooden spoon to scoop out the potatoes onto the skillet in the form of a patty. Let them cook a few minutes then flip them when they’re at your liked consistency.
I ate mine with some organic ketchup! yum! My full dinner was three of these patties, some pineapple, roasted zucchini, and spinach:
I made 8 patties. Next time I think I will add in some oats for a more veggie burger-like texture.
Nutrition for one patty:
Nutrition for all of the mixture:
(I use Sparkpeople.com to get my nutrition facts)
Not too shabby! Enjoy!