Sweet Potato Quesadilla
So my roommate thought I was a crazy person for making this but it’s SO GOOD! She just doesn’t understand…
- 2 Low Cal Whole Wheat Tortillas (I use La tortilla factory)
- 2 TBSP Peanut butter
- 1 Banana
- 1 Small sweet potato (or 1/2 large)
- Skin sweet potato and cut into round slices and cook in microwave for 5 minutes
- Spread peanut butter on both tortillas
- Slice banana
- Layer sweet potato slices onto one tortilla
- Layer banana slices on there too
- Cover with the other tortilla
- Heat in the toaster oven to heat up to your liking
This is incredible, I’m telling you.
Drizzle with some syrup for some extra goodness ;)
BBQ Sweet Potato Fries
- 1 Sweet Potato
- 1 Egg white
- 1 TBSP BBQ sauce
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Peel the sweet potato then slice it up into fry-like shapes and put in big ziplock bag.
2. Mix 1 egg white with the BBQ sauce in a bowl (I used low cal bbq sauce)
3. Add egg mixture to the fries in the ziplock bag and mix around to coat the fries
4. Spray a pan with cooking spray and lay out fries in an even layer
5. Bake in oven for 10 minutes, flip fries then bake for another 10 minutes. If your fries are thick, cook longer. Keep an eye on them, the bbq will make them blacken and cook quickly.
6. Eat them!
Instead of BBQ, you can add cinnamon and brown sugar to the egg white to make some extra sweet fries! :) or just add any spices you want!