1/2 cup light red kidney beans (drained & rinsed)any spices you want
3 TBSP old fashioned oats
1/4 cup shredded carrot
5 baby carrots chopped (for texture)
1.5 TBSP apple cider vinegar
10 sprays I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter (or a little dash of oil)
1/2 tsp of ground ginger
salt and pepper
- Grind everything except the chopped baby carrots in a food processor (I used the magic bullet)
- Add mixture to a bowl with the chopped carrots and mix together
- Wet your hands and form patties out of the mixture (wetting your hands will keep the batter from sticking to your fingers!)
- You can either pan fry them (like I did), grill them, or bake them in a 375 degree oven for 40 minutes flipping them half way.
- I cooked mine on the stove (medium heat) with cooking spray and used a spatula to flatten them
- They are done when they are browned and a little crispy!
- Top with your favorite toppings! I topped mine with a little brown mustard, tomatoes, and baby spinach!
Makes three servings HOWEVER:
For all three patties: 170 Calories, 33 Carbs, 1g fat, 9g protein