Baked chicken with sundried tomato on top and salad and sweet potato!
Dinner at work: mixed veggies and a green apple salad with raisins and apple cider vinegar (there IS lettuce underneath all that apple, I swear lol)
So my roommate thought I was a crazy person for making this but it’s SO GOOD! She just doesn’t understand…
- 2 Low Cal Whole Wheat Tortillas (I use La tortilla factory)
- 2 TBSP Peanut butter
- 1 Banana
- 1 Small sweet potato (or 1/2 large)
- Skin sweet potato and cut into round slices and cook in microwave for 5 minutes
- Spread peanut butter on both tortillas
- Slice banana
- Layer sweet potato slices onto one tortilla
- Layer banana slices on there too
- Cover with the other tortilla
- Heat in the toaster oven to heat up to your liking
This is incredible, I’m telling you.
Drizzle with some syrup for some extra goodness ;)
The only thing my brain is telling me to have is ice cream, and that’s not a very nutritious dinner now is it? lol
What are some cool, refreshing dinner ideas?
EDIT: Looks like I need to make gazpacho!
Dinner tonight was a big ‘ol salad with spring mix, cukes, tomato, yellow summer squash, kidney beans, and ff italian dressing. I also had some salmon for protein and some butternut squash for carbs :)
The above turned into this:
I know, I know, sweet relish on fish sounds gross, but don’t knock it til you try it! I also LOVEEE ketchup on my squash. ANDDDD I drank a Mojito! Crystal light Mojito that is!
The taste is VERY sweet, I had to water it down a bit more, but it’s gooood. I ate about half of the salad, gotta save room for dessert! I think I know just the thing ;)
- 1 Whole Wheat Flax and Fiber Sandwich thin (Arnold’s brand)
- 4oz Lemon Herb Tilapia (Ocean Market brand)
- 1 Tsp Spicy Brown Mustard
- 1 Tsp Relish
- Roasted Cucumber Slices
- 2 Romaine Lettuce Leaves
- Served with a side of roasted carrots, green beans, and broccoli
- Topped one low carb tortilla with Better Than Cream Cheese and FF Ricotta cheese
- Filled it with Spring Mix Salad, Black Beans, and Cucumbers!
- Cooked it on the stove and put a pan on top of it to press it down to get the panini effect
It was so yummy! I will most def be making this again!