TOTAL VEGGIE ATTACK!
I went to the farmer’s market tonight so dinner consisted of LOTS, wait, ALL veggies!
- Corn on the cob! (YES!)
- Roasted Eggplant
- Spinach n Carrots
- Sliced pearl tomatoes
- Veggie burger for some protein!
SO MANY VEGETABLES! I don’t know if I’ll be able to eat all of this…
Homemade Veggie Burgers
1/2 cup light red kidney beans (drained & rinsed)any spices you want
3 TBSP old fashioned oats
1/4 cup shredded carrot
5 baby carrots chopped (for texture)
1.5 TBSP apple cider vinegar
10 sprays I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter (or a little dash of oil)
1/2 tsp of ground ginger
salt and pepper
- Grind everything except the chopped baby carrots in a food processor (I used the magic bullet)
- Add mixture to a bowl with the chopped carrots and mix together
- Wet your hands and form patties out of the mixture (wetting your hands will keep the batter from sticking to your fingers!)
- You can either pan fry them (like I did), grill them, or bake them in a 375 degree oven for 40 minutes flipping them half way.
- I cooked mine on the stove (medium heat) with cooking spray and used a spatula to flatten them
- They are done when they are browned and a little crispy!
- Top with your favorite toppings! I topped mine with a little brown mustard, tomatoes, and baby spinach!
Makes three servings HOWEVER:
For all three patties: 170 Calories, 33 Carbs, 1g fat, 9g protein
Steamed veggies with a vegan boca burger crumbled within! With a light multigrain english muffin with I can’t believe it’s not butter and some sprinkles of garlic and basil seasoning (my version of garlic bread).
The vegetables came from an Eat Smart Vegetable Stir Fry bag
I made a sauce from scratch… I combined the following:
~1 tbsp sugar free maple syrup
~1/2 tsp of ground ginger
~A tiny bit of rice vinegar
~1/2 tsp of spicy sweet mustard
It was surprisingly very good!
My roommate and I enjoyed dinner out on our porch this evening because it was so nice out! :)
Yummy yummy yummy veggies!