1/3 Cup Vegetable Oil (<—Or substitute w/ Apple Sauce like I did! still 1/3Cup)
1 Teaspoon Vanilla
1 Cup mashed very ripe Bananas
2 Eggs (You could experiment with 4 egg whites as well)
1 3/4 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 Cup hot water
1/2 Cup Sweetener of choice (I used Splenda, but you could use honey or stevia)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, mix oil (or apple sauce) with sweetener. Add eggs, and mix well. Stir in bananas and vanilla. Stir in flour and salt.
- Add baking soda to hot water, stir to mix, and then add to batter.
- Blend in any additions, like chocolate chips, nuts, etc.
- Spread batter into a greased 9x5 inch loaf pan.
Bake for 55 to 60 minutes. Let cool before slicing!